8 STEPS TO FLAWLESS MAKEUP ON YOUR WEDDING DAY
Kassaundra Stephens is a professional makeup artist and hairstylist based in Paris. She serves a variety of clientele for personal styling, fashion, elopements, weddings, and various photoshoots. Here are her tips to the ultimate bridal preparation.
1. Skincare. At least one month in advance, start loading up on key skin and hair vitamins like Collagen, Omega 3's and 1000mg of biotin per day.
2. Exfoliation. Begin with a regimen that includes, retinols, glycolics or alpha hydroxy acids. Also, add in a intense moisturizer with hyaluronic acid.
3. Diet. Reduce sugar and alcohol, as well as bread and grains. Up your intake of leafy greens, fruits and vegetables. Most importantly, drink lots of water!!!
4. Exercise. Get one hour of cardiovascular excerise daily.
5. Stress. Try to fit in 10 to 15 minutes of guided meditation 5 days a week. YouTube has plenty of options for guided meditation specific to stress.
6. Brows. One week before the big day, I highly recommend having your eyebrows shaped or waxed by a familiar professional. I do not advise using someone you have never used before.
7. Cleanse. The night before your big day, take a creamy cleanser and wash your face with a wet and warm wash cloth. Be sure to rub hard enough to gently remove all of the dead skin on the surface of the face.
8. Be present. Allow the little things that don't go perfectly to roll off your shoulders. Savor each passing moment because it goes by very quickly.
I wish you only the very best for your most special day!